Helmet cams (again)

Anything goes

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:35 pm

Helmet cams (again)

Hi Manny

Have just bought a helmet cam kit, and got everything set up and working ok, but I'm after a bit of advice please regarding where its best to put the mic.
Watched your vid of the Stellar Dispatch on 17th May (when your mic was working)and the sound seems about right. Where do you put your mic?
Thanks
Chris

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Re:Helmet cams (again)

Is your mic a powered on like this one? If it is you need to take some precautions....tell you about that later.

In that video it got tucked by mistake in my camelbak pocket, that's why you can hear fluid sloshing around but at least no wind noise, there very sensitive.

Used to have it tucked in my crash helmet but that can pickup you breathing, anywhere directly out of the wind is the best place realy.

Going to buy another one a try to fit a bigger cover like the ones you get with headsets

The problem I've had with those mics (on my 3rd one) is the wires break from the microphone end, sort out and either fry the cable, your battery holder or like the last one killed the sound chip in my recorder :angry:

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks Manny

I'll try and avoid bending the mic end of the cable too much just in case.

Yes it is a powered one, a battery pack powers that and the cam, with the recorder having its own power. Got the kit from Sport-cam.

Off to the Pyrenees at the weekend to give it a try.

Appreciate the help, ta

Chris

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Cool!! Have a good trip and when you done editing shoot us a link here, or even better use our extensive features and do a report here.;)

Working on a Submitting Content FAQ at the moment....might finish it some day.

Return to The Lounge