Whats this worth?

General Enduro banter

Blogger
Blogger

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: Whats this worth?

I didn't bid in the end heard horror stories about the price of spares and the electrics. Sorted myself a Gasgas 200 from a club member though. Pick it up on Saturday morning :thumbup:

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:03 pm

:thumbup: ..still that TM was good for the money and if you want expensive parts prices look no further than a Yamaha :silent: :problem: just reduing the WRF head I'm looking at £350 + :wtf:

Blogger
Blogger

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:31 pm

I was chatting to a guy today who has 2 WRF 250's and it's cost him a grand to rebuild his engine and he's done it himself :blink: He's tempted with the 2 smokers now :thumbup: You know it makes sense :wink:
It was a very nice bike and went cheaply but how much would it have gone for in a bidding war?

I'm going for a 2005 EC 200 the ones with the decent suspension (ohlins/marzochi). Ex team bike fully sorted with all of the extras for the princlely sum of £1500 :thumbup:

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:54 pm

The old Gasgas were probably the best suspended bikes for proper enduro going out of the box ,both my 250 and 300 with ohlins/marzochi were exellent, what let them down was the finish..ok the 300 was a piece of shit but that was my fault for buying the first ones out, I virtually broke everything on that motor :mrgreen: The TM 250 I borrowed with the Paioli forks ..now that was something else..sublime!!

Nah not tempted by the smokers, I have saved a grand in additional fuel and 2 stroke oil :lol: Going to get a 290 big bore kit just for the extra snap, the WRF's are a nice bike to ride even with so many annoying quirks..still if you can find me a bike that can do a 3 hour H & H without refuilling and I might be interested :twisted:

Blogger
Blogger

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 am

I was marshalling at the weekend and the guy who's bike i'm buying (Paul Nash) his wife fell of her 200 I picked it up and started it for her. WOW!!! how light and easy to start!!! Can't wait to get out there and ride it. :lol:
Previous

Return to Enduro Talk