Rendlesham

General Enduro banter

Blogger
Blogger

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Rendlesham

Well what can I say! The results have been released and the reality of how slow i was, has hit home.:angry: I finished 126/138 overall and 65/73 in class. I completed 3 laps in 3 1/2 hours my main goal was just to finish, which i did but i would have liked to have finished higher in the results. My goal for the season is to finish in the top 30 in class.

It was a proper tight forest race which I found quite hard going.

My first lap was completed in 54.22 mins I took it quite easy as i had to run my bike in and see the lay of the land. Funny bit. Coming over a brow of a small hill and seeing a pit full of water and mud, I stopped and looked around for the easy route:lol: This was it! So I had to just gun it.

My second lap was completed in 57.53 mins I rode this lap a lot quicker but crashed quite a bit.:) Twice the front just wiped out and once a tree jumped out in front of me;) (those new hand guards came in handy) Funny bit. I missed the turn for the easy route:silly: I couldn't reverse my bike back up so had to go for it. Down into a dell over a log,tight right turn through some mud (which i messed up a little so I had to make a standing start to get up the hill out) but I survived.

My third lap was completed in 1.19.46 mins. This included a lengthy pit stop as I knew I could only complete one more lap. The funny bit. I was riding along a straight and felt a huge bang. I pulled over and turned round and saw some pillock on a Husky in a pile on the floor:silly: He just rode straight into the back of me:angry: I waited to see if he got up ok and i just carried on.

The bike ran fine but I will need to look at the gearing as I had to clutch it alot and stalled quite a bit too. At present I'm running 14/48. I will try a 50 for my next race, Which is in two weeks in Stourport.

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 pm

Re:Rendlesham

Thanks for the report good enough for the front page ;)

Right first thing..did you enjoy it? that is before the results come out!

Went over to the TBEC site clicked on your riding number and there is a photo of some dude on a KTM masquerading as you lol :blink:

First race and you finished? Bloody good show I say, it ain't as easy as it looks this offroad lark, the good thing about enduros is that you can get better just by looking what other people do, always try to hang onto riders shirttails as they go past.

Gearing.. you could go down to 13 tooth on the front sprocket this will be equivalent to nearly 51 tooth on the back sprocket..and a bit cheaper and you wont need a longer chain...maybe??

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:58 pm

Welldone Pepperami, you finished you are not hurt and sounds like you enjoyed it.

Blogger
Blogger

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm

It was great! I thought because i was so knackered i would ache like an old man. I didn't ache at all, which leads me to believe i could have tried harder.

Blogger
Blogger

Post Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks for the words of support and advice guys.
Manny, hanging on to peoples coat tails. I wish I had a £ for every time i turned round and saw no one. It was an 11 mile lap but it got lonely at times. Great fun though. I learnt alot.

Blogger
Blogger

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Me !!!!!!!!!!!!! Image

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Nice photo!! Then trees grow at a funny angle :P like it.

You have a report and photographs..wonder what you could do with those?? Nope can't think at the moment! ;)

Got my first event in a couple of weeks can't wait, first ride out since November :blink: what does the twisty thing on the handlebar do again? :huh: meh it all come back to me I'm sure :laugh:

Blogger
Blogger

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:05 pm

:ohmy: First ride since November:ohmy: Bike fit!!!!! Good luck. where are you racing?

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Bagshot Test Track ..the one that has been in so many of my helmet cam vids and the occasional x-ray :blink: :evil: Romors has it that it will close down to bike sport after this event due to erosion...more like bad management!! :angry:

Haven't been bike fit for over 10 years no point starting now lol..yep going to be feeling IT just a little..hopefully not for a whole week, I'll settle for 4 days :lol:

Blogger
Blogger

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Well good luck, we will be racing at the same time then? This time in two weeks I will be in Stourport. Probably a little worse for wear;) We go early to camp and help set up the course.:laugh:

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Racing might be too stronger word in my case..more like gutsy resistance.

:laugh:

Blogger
Blogger

Post Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 pm

I think i could do with some of that:laugh: got any spare;)

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Nope...just got enough to last a couple of hours :(

:lol:

Blogger
Blogger

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Rendlesham

There are a couple of vids of Rendlesham on the tube. They are poor quality and make your eyes go funny if you watch them for too long :blink: but show how tight some of it was.

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Rendlesham

Pepperami wrote:There are a couple of vids of Rendlesham on the tube. They are poor quality and make your eyes go funny if you watch them for too long :blink: but show how tight some of it was.

I see what you mean about some of the helmet cams :blink:

I'll stick to this one :lol: Looks like my type of event :P
Next

Return to Enduro Talk